Enter into the life of Drew (pray hope that you don't become obsessed over it...)

Welcome! This is my blog about lessons that I have learned! Hopefully, you'll take something out of this. If not, then that's your own fault, and possibly a bit of my own.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tip #15

Tip #15: Always live in the now.

I must admit that sometimes I have problems with this particular lesson, especially when it comes to the past. Sure there are good times to look back upon but there are also bad things as well. I unfortunately have the tendency to focus more upon the bad that has happened to me. I look at all the mistakes I've made in the past and it just makes me start to loathe myself, like I used to. But then, it inadvertantly drifts to the good. I then look at all who have blessed me in my life, everyone and everything that brought me to this exact point now, that has made me who I am today. It makes me thankful and happy. Sure there may have been some bad but I see now that it was all for my benefit.

I have never concerned myself with the future. I always believe three things about the future:
1) The future is unwritten. This means that nothing is ever set in stone. The future is constantly changing based upon the choices that we make. Sometimes we, as humans, like to believe that we're supposed to do something or be with someone when, in fact, we will not know who we end up with or what we will do in the future.
2) The future is only as bright as you make it. Like I said right above, the future changes based upon your decisions. You can choose to either live your life in regret or follow what you feel is right.
3) The future happens not only because of time, but because you're moving your feet.
There are those who do worry about the future, what they're going to do with their lives, what colleges they're going to. Don't get me wrong, this is all very fine, but it is very dangerous to concern yourself with the future too much.

Live in the now.
The past is long gone and you're not going to get it back. Look fondly upon your memories, remember those who are gone, remember those moments that defined you and let them be your teacher.
The future is on its way. So long as you make those choices, whether they be great or small, you will get there.

-250

No comments:

Post a Comment