Enter into the life of Drew (pray hope that you don't become obsessed over it...)

Welcome! This is my blog about lessons that I have learned! Hopefully, you'll take something out of this. If not, then that's your own fault, and possibly a bit of my own.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tip # 8 & 9

Tip # 8: A good laugh cures almost anything.
And...
Tip # 9: Stay away from the rubber cement.

There's an old saying that says that laughter is the best medicine. There is hardly a soul in the world that will deny that saying. And some even say that to beat the devil, you laugh in his face. Course I'm not certain about the truth in that statement but it's worth a shot, right?

Anyway, like everyone else, I had times where I felt like crap and didn't really want to talk to anyone. Seemingly nothing could bring my spirits up, until I turned on some comedy shows and looked for some funny scenes from movies on Youtube.
One of my personal favorites is from the show The Big Bang Theory when Leonard, Raj, and Howard are camping out and get some cookies with "special" ingredients from some hippie middle school teachers (Warning! If you have a problem with suggestive humor, I will post another clip that is more appropriate. If not, then enjoy =D):


After watching this clip, I was rolling on the floor, nearly bawling my eyes out because of how well they did. I must admit, I felt a little off myself as I was watching them.

Confession time: It was sophmore year in Chemistry class. Around that time, my sense of smell was particularly heightened that day, no idea why. Anyway, we had to glue some papers into our notebooks when, by accident, I caught a huge whiff of the rubber cement glue. It was a very strong scent, so much that I coughed a bit until I settled down. Then the weird stuff kicked in. Within 5 to 10 minutes, I had my very first experience of being high. The results were thus: Everything was funny. Everything my teacher said was funny and everything my lab partners' said was funny.  I couldn't go 5 minutes without laughing and crying. Thankfully, my lab partners were actually stoners so they didn't make too much fun of me but they said I was hilarious. I must admit though, I was in a very cheery mood for the rest of the day.

Important lesson besides the tip that I gave? Keep your nose away from the product below.


-250

No comments:

Post a Comment